Re: Using monit to monitor hundreds of thousands of file system resource

From: Sergio Trejo
Subject: Re: Using monit to monitor hundreds of thousands of file system resources?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:39:37 -1000

On 8/31/07, Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> wrote:
On 31. aug. 2007, at 15.17, Sergio Trejo wrote:

> I need to know if anything changes state in this deep and entangled
> section of my file system (I expect it to be static almost always).

Another option is to use monit to monitor directories. If any file is
changed in a directory, monit will trigger an event. You could then
use the exec-statement to execute a script to check the content of
the directory in detail.

Jan-Henrik thank you for both of your quick answers. It looks like I have to re-think this carefully.

Cheers,

Sergio