Re: Using monit to monitor hundreds of thousands of file system resource

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Using monit to monitor hundreds of thousands of file system resources?
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 16:45:50 +0200

On 31. aug. 2007, at 15.17, Sergio Trejo wrote:

I need to know if anything changes state in this deep and entangled section of my file system (I expect it to be static almost always).

Another option is to use monit to monitor directories. If any file is changed in a directory, monit will trigger an event. You could then use the exec-statement to execute a script to check the content of the directory in detail.