Re: is monit status shows error after reload

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: is monit status shows error after reload
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:53:40 +0200

This was caused by bug, which is fixed in current cvs version already:

--8<--
* Fixed a problem where monit would incorrect display an error in the
  web interface status page. This could occur if a service had failed,
  monit had reload and the state of the service had passed just after the
  reload (for example due to changes of the configuration rules). Thanks to
  Claus Klein for report and help with the patch.
--8<--

Thanks,
Martin

monit user wrote:
Here is something related that you might want to keep in mind for debugging.
I just now changed the path to a disk resource from /dev/hda to /dev/sda
hda was the wrong drive for this machine, then I immediately did:

# monit reload
# monit status

But it still said:
Device 'rootfs'
  status                            Data access error

I had to do:

# monit quit
# monit
# monit status

And then I got:
The monit daemon 4.9 uptime: 0m
Device 'rootfs'
  status                            accessible