monit quits immediately

From: Thomas Burns
Subject: monit quits immediately
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:46:21 -0600 (CST)

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the monit-4.8.2 solaris binary and setup my monitrc
file (no syntax errors). When I start up monit, I get:

Starting monit daemon with http interface at [localhost:2812]

However, when I then do a monit summary, I get:

monit: no status available -- the monit daemon is not running

Nothing is running at 2812.  Nothing is logged in syslog.

Any ideas on what would cause monit to quit immediately?