Re: monit quits immediately

From: Thomas Burns
Subject: Re: monit quits immediately
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:09:33 -0600 (CST)

----- "Martin Pala" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,

Answers below.  BTW -- does monit not want to run as root?  I changed to a
regular users (I was suing sudo) and it seems to run fine (except it can't
reboot some services because it needs to be root...)

> which solaris version?

Solaris 10 (on a t2000)

> Can you send your monit configuration?

It is super simple (just trying to get it work..this config works on os x)

set daemon 120 # Poll at 2-minute intervals
set logfile syslog
set httpd port 2812 and use  address localhost
        allow localhost

> Try to run monit in debug mode and send full output: "monit -vI"

Got this:

monit: Debug: Adding host allow 'localhost' (127.0.0.1).
Runtime constants:
 Control file       = /var/sl/monitrc
 Log file           = syslog
 Pid file           = /var/run/monit.pid
 Debug              = True
 Log                = True
 Use syslog         = True
 Is Daemon          = True
 Use process engine = True
 Poll time          = 120 seconds
 Mail server(s)     = localhost
 Mail from          = (not defined)
 Mail subject       = (not defined)
 Mail message       = (not defined)
 Start monit httpd  = True
 httpd bind address = localhost
 httpd portnumber   = 2812
 httpd signature    = True
 Use ssl encryption = False
 httpd auth. style  = Host/Net allow list

The service list contains the following entries:

System Name           = t1.schoolloop.com
 Monitoring mode      = active