Re: monit quits immediately

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit quits immediately
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 05:00:23 +0100

On 7. mar. 2007, at 01.46, Thomas Burns wrote:

I downloaded and installed the monit-4.8.2 solaris binary and setup my monitrc file (no syntax errors). When I start up monit, I get:

Starting monit daemon with http interface at [localhost:2812]

However, when I then do a monit summary, I get:

monit: no status available -- the monit daemon is not running

Nothing is running at 2812.  Nothing is logged in syslog.

Any ideas on what would cause monit to quit immediately?

Try adding something like this to the top of the .monitrc control file.

set daemon 60