Re: multiple pids

From: Paul Monaghan
Subject: Re: multiple pids
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:06:26 -0400

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

On 20. apr. 2006, at 12.19, Marc Petitmermet wrote:

I guess then that there is also no

   "check status with script /etc/init.d/serviceX"

or something similar and then I could hide some script in serviceX which returns some result code that monit can interpret as ok or failure and start some actions accordingly.

You guess correct. However, many have requested such a feature over the years and I think it is something we need to implement. What do others think?

Interesting, I've been using Monit now for a total of 48 hours and it was the first thing I looked for in the documentation and was surprised not to find it. I guess it all wraps up in what monit is trying to do which is be as easy as possible to setup and configure. However to me having custom scripts would be welcome.

Regards,

Paul