Re: Time of Day exclusion?

From: Paul Monaghan
Subject: Re: Time of Day exclusion?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:04:07 -0400

Roedel, Mark wrote:

I think if it was me, I'd just modify the backup script to make the
appropriate 'monit unmonitor' call before it starts, and 'monit monitor'
when it finishes.  (Or, if you don't necessarily trust the backup script
to always finish cleanly, just add cron jobs for 11:59pm and 12:04am to
do the same.)

Or is there something I'm missing?

Hrm, yeah, I guess I could call 'monit unmonitor' I just think stopping monitoring for this period of time seems overkill. To me a system has these regular events that are nomal and repeatable but don't necessarily happen outside of specific times. I'll see how my increase to 'if cpu usage (wait) > 20% for 3 cycles then aler' works and if that fails I'll give the 'monit unmonitor' idea a try.

Would be cool if monit could "learn" what normal was but I'll leave that kind of idea to much more complicated (and expensive!) systems. :)

Cheers,

Paul