zombie processes

From: Josh
Subject: zombie processes
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:06:54 -0400

Here is a section from my monit config...

  check process lighttpd with pidfile /var/run/lighttpd.pid
  start program = "/etc/init.d/lighttpd restart"
  stop program = "/etc/init.d/lighttpd stop"
    if cpu is greater than 60% for 2 cycles then alert
    if cpu > 80% for 5 cycles then restart
    if totalmem > 80.0 MB for 5 cycles then restart
    if children > 20 then restart
#  if loadavg(5min) greater than 10 for 8 cycles then restart
    if 3 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
  depends lighttpd_rc
  depends lighttpd_bin
  depends vlogger
  group web

check process vlogger
  with pidfile /var/run/vlogger.pid

---

The problem is vlogger constantly dies (zombie, data error) for the
least little thing and I would like that to trigger a restart of
lighttpd (because of the dependency).

Is anything like this possible?