monit deadlocks

From: Eli Yukelzon
Subject: monit deadlocks
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:00:08 +0200

Good day.

I've been using monit for administating my server for quite a while,
and i've been very pleased with it's performance.
Lately though I've came across a reoccuring event which will probably
cause me to switch away from using monit...
Monit daemon get's stuck. It enters some deadlock, according to strace:

# strace -f -F -p 21284
Process 21284 attached - interrupt to quit
futex(0xb7e42800, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL <unfinished ...>
Process 21284 detached
# monit summary
monit: cannot read status from the monit daemon

after killall -9 monit
it restarts from inittab just fine.
the problem is - becuase of this deadlock, it stops monitoring the services!

Any ideas?

--
2B OR NOT 2B = FF