Re: Mailformat question

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Mailformat question
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:19:57 +0100

You can use custom message format - see monit manual:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php#alert_message_layout

Martin

Christian Schoepplein wrote:
Hello!

I have a problem with alerts from monit that are forwarded to an mail2sms gateway. The mail2sms service seems to ignore new lines in a message, it looks like \n is not working correctly. Example: I recived a warning on a failed connection test per mail and sms. The mail looks like this:

Connection test failed foo.tld at Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:29:48 +0100 on bar.tld Event: 'foo.tld' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[www.foo.tld:80]

In the sms the line with the event is lost:

Connection test failed foo.tld at Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:29:48 +0100 on
bar.tld

Can I avoid line breaks in alerts and is it possible to generate alerts in continous text only?

Thanks a lot for anny hint!