Re: Mailformat question

From: Christian Schoepplein
Subject: Re: Mailformat question
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:20:13 +0100

Hello!

On Sa, Mär 26, 2005 at 08:19:57 +0100, Martin Pala wrote:
>You can use custom message format - see monit manual:
>http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php#alert_message_layout

Thanks for this link, but I've changed the default mailformat already.
It looks like this:

set mail-format {
  from: address@hidden
  subject: $SERVICE $EVENT at $DATE
  message: $EVENT $SERVICE at $DATE on $HOST
}

But that doesn't solve my problem :-(.

>Christian Schoepplein wrote:

[...]

>>mail2sms gateway. The mail2sms service seems to ignore new lines in a
>>message, it looks like \n is not working correctly.
>>
>>Example: I recived a warning on a failed connection test per mail and
>>sms. The mail looks like this:
>>
>>Connection test failed foo.tld at Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:29:48 +0100 on
>>bar.tld
>>Event: 'foo.tld' failed, cannot open a connection to
>>INET[www.foo.tld:80]

The question is, what causes the last line in the example above:

Event: 'foo.tld' failed, cannot open a connection to
INET[www.foo.tld:80]

I think this can't be triggered via the mail-format settings. This line
is insertet with a line break in the alert and this line break and the
following text is ignored by the mail2sms gateway. So the sms looks like
this:

Connection test failed foo.tld at Fri, 25 Mar 2005 05:29:48 +0100 on
bar.tld

The line with the event gets lost :-(. I have to avoid line breaks in
the alerts, that would solve the problem. Or

BTW.: The $ACTION variable doesn't work with my monit version too :-(.
It causes a syntax error. Is this a known problem and is it fixed in
newer releases?

--
Gruss / Regards,
Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>