Passing parameters to exec

From: Andy
Subject: Passing parameters to exec
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:40:19 +0200

Hi,

My local telco (KPN) are allowing free SMS messages until Jan 1 2005 from fixed
lines. Since my asterisk pbx can now send sms messages I'd like to incorporate
this into my monitoring, and not using the free sms messages would be rude
wouldn;t it :D

So, what I'd like to do is pass:

$SERVICE $EVENT $DATE $ACTION $HOST

eg : exec "'myperlscript.pl "$SERVICE" "$EVENT" "$DATE" "$ACTION" "$HOST"'"

to my perl script for processing and sending of messages. I've checked the
online docs and searched the mailing list but can't see a reference to doing
this.

Is this possible? The other option would be to set up another box to do email
to sms but this does have it's downsides too, and I'd rather avoid it if
possible...

I'm running 4.4-beta6 btw...

Thanks again

Andy