File size check and exec problems

From: Andy
Subject: File size check and exec problems
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:59:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm being driven insane by a problem with using exec after a file size check. I
have the following entry in my /etc/monitrc:

check file asterisk_debug with path /var/log/asterisk/debug
     if size > 1 GB then
        exec "/usr/sbin/asteriskrotate"

 I've also tried using

               exec "/bin/bash -c '/usr/sbin/asteriskrotate'"

asteriskrotate simply contains

#!/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "logger rotate"

When I try to reload the config monit complains:

address@hidden root]# monit -vvvv reload
monit: Debug: Adding credentials for user 'andy'.
AssertException: at p.y:1897
aborting..
Aborted

If I simply change the exec "/usr/sbin/asteriskrotate" to alert monit is happy
(but I'm not :P )

am I being dumb and missing the obvious?

Thanks for any help

Andy

address@hidden root]# monit -V
This is monit version 4.3
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 by the monit project group. All Rights Reserved.