making DEBs

From: Vlada Macek
Subject: making DEBs
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:02:13 +0200

Hi ppl,

I'm new to Debian and I really would like to know, how to easily make
Debian package of monit. I have several servers on Woody and would like
to distribute new versions of compiled software among them.

On RedHat I was using `checkinstall' a wonderfull utility which was
making RPM packages easily and automatically. Is it possible to use it
on Debian without a hassle?

Thank you,

Vlada