FYI: m/monit - centralized monitoring

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: FYI: m/monit - centralized monitoring
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:28:59 +0100

I'm in the process of designing and implementing a centralized
monitoring and service management platform for Unix systems. The
system utilize monit as an agent and as a mean to manage services on
many different host machines from one web-application.

I have created a mock-up of this application where it's possible to
browse through the GUI and view the planned functionality. You can
check it out from this url: <URL:http://zild.no/mmonit/>. The design
is a work in progress and changes in this first GUI-prototype and the
final version are to be expected.

The first version should be available within this month (if all goes
well). In this version the _status_ and _admin_ functionality will be
available while the history function will be available in a later
version.

I'm very interested in feedback and your thoughts on such an
application. All comments are appreciated!

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland