Re: monit 4.1 make error on Solaris 8

From: eetu rantanen
Subject: Re: monit 4.1 make error on Solaris 8
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:23:52 +0200 (EET)

Hello Kenneth,

> I am using native Solaris make in '/usr/ccs/bin'
> and got the error
> 'make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line80: Unexpected end of line seen'
> when making monit 4.1

I've seen that too, solaris uses it's own 'make' by default, you should
run GNU-make, 'gmake'. You can find the gmake-package from the Solaris
Companion (or such) CD.

I wonder if this should be documented in monit, or if the configure-script
should search for gmake (if it doesn't do so already) and print out an
error if it is not found?

        -- eetu