monit and SSL

From: Fredrik Steen
Subject: monit and SSL
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:07:12 +0200

Hi,

The SSL support in monit is a very nice and desirable feature in monit, but
for me as a packager of monit for the Debian project
(which have a very strict seeing on the OpenSSL+GPL issue)
I have some comments:

GPL is probably incompatible with OpenSSL's license, because the
"advertising clause in OpenSSL's license would add an additional
restriction on the GPL licensed software.
monit links against OpenSSL as default. (can be disabled
with the option --without-ssl).

In the current state I'm not able to upload monit with ssl-support wichh would
be very desireable and a much needed feature.

Please see:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200204/msg00072.html
and numerous other threads on the issue for more information.

Any ideas how to solve this?

--
.Fredrik Steen
- http://www.stone.nu/ -