Re: monit and SSL

From: Fredrik Steen
Subject: Re: monit and SSL
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:31:45 +0200

* Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> [030422 12:41]:
> Fredrik Steen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The SSL support in monit is a very nice and desirable feature in monit, but
> > for me as a packager of monit for the Debian project
> > (which have a very strict seeing on the OpenSSL+GPL issue)

[...]

> licensing problem. Of course, if you think it will help we will
> probably be willing to add any additional statements in the monit
> LICENSE as suggested by the OpenSSL project, like; "This program is
> released under the GPL with the additional exemption that compiling,
> linking, and/or using OpenSSL is allowed."

The above text doesn't actually add anything new to the rights that you are
already granted by the GPL. The permission that's missing is
""
In addition, for the avoidance of any doubt, permission is granted to link
this program with OpenSSL.
"""
(cut 'n paste from Exim's additions to the GPL)

--
 .''`. Fredrik Steen, address@hidden
: :' : 2CD6 C838 BE77 795F 5EF1  3E5B DA91 EE7B A58E 164