Re: Plans for the next release

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Plans for the next release
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:10:42 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan-Henrik Haukeland" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:28 PM

> > I think it it will be useful to show the status
> > (Planned/InProgress/Done) and maybe developer, that actualy tries to
> > do it.
>
> Agree. Lets see, is this right:
>
> 1. Configure monit from different sources; like LDAP. - Martin
> 2. Using monit as an init replacement - 2. Rory or hauk?
> 3. Implement dependencies between program entries - Rory
> 4. Add support for managing program groups in the web-interface - hauk
> 5. Extend the port check to understand URLs - Martin and hauk will help :)
> 6. Provide functionality for checking program CPU usage - hauk

OK - no problem with 1+5 (=6) (i hope :)

> > - support for tcp-wrapper in monit httpd
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, please explain

This may allow to use optionaly Wietse Venema's libwrap to do sanity check
before monit httpd will accept connection - the access can be then
additionaly restricted by standard TCP wrapper (/etc/host.allow and
/etc/host.deny). It is only security extension - in any case it is always
possible to do similar thing with filter (iptables/ipf/etc.) Maybe it will
be better to keep the code simpler (not all sysadmins are paranoid like me
:)