mlview-hacking

[Mlview-hacking] MlView Project News

From: Dodji Seketeli
Subject: [Mlview-hacking] MlView Project News
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 12:02:41 +0200

The commits that happened recently were related to:
    + i18n translations. A lot of people are translating MlView to
    a lot of languages. MlView is now translated into at least nine
    languages. I find that great and I would like to say THANKS to
    all the people who made this happen.

    + a better node search support. The search support is now coded
      as a method of the MlViewXMLDocument class. When you call
MlViewXMLDocument::search ().
      it returns the node found and it also emits a signal to notify the world
about the result
      of the search. Several edition views can connect to the signal and update
theirselves to
      reflect the result of the search.

    + an experimental Drag and Drop support for cut/copy/paste edition actions.
      The DnD support is provided by the new MlViewTreeEditor2 widget I am
writting.
      This is not well tested yet so it may not work as well as I would like it
to be.

My focus is still on the rewrite/stabilisation of the MlViewTreeEditor2. For
now on,
this widget is activated by default. I am now thinking about providing the
ability to edit the node names and attributes
directly on the tree... we'll see what will come out of this.

Generally, the new GTK2 is giving us an awfull lot of work in regard to
all the necessary rewrite. But on the other hand, GTK2 is a wonderful
toolkit to work with. I hope the rewrite will give us the opportunity
to provide MlView with a better architectural foundation on which we can build
solid things.

Feel free to checkout the CVS version of MlView and give us feedbacks.

Best regards,

Dodji.

--

homepage              : http://www.seketeli.org/dodji