mlview-hacking

[Mlview-hacking] MlView project news

From: Dodji Seketeli
Subject: [Mlview-hacking] MlView project news
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:37:21 +0200

Hi all,

A lot of CVS activity occured lately.
Strider, and I have been working on the gtk2 port quite regularly.

Strider is working on a new settings management infrastructure.
This will give us a nice new setting widget based on libglade plus
a better api than the awfull one we have at the moment.

I am basically rewriting the MlViewTreeEditor widget to make it
based on the new GtkTreeView widget. I hope I will have something testable
soon.

Lately, Fabrice Plard has submitted some patches to help us use
GtkDialogs instead of the deprecated GnomeDialog widget.
After off-list discussion, it appears that fabrice will be working
on a first version of network support of the MlViewFileDescriptor
based on the libxml2 nanoftp and
nanohttp layer. This will hopefully give networking support to mlview.

That being said the CVS version of mlview works quite well. Feel free to
check it out and test it if you want to see what the gnome2 version looks like.
Also feel free to bugzilla the bugs you may find at http://bugzilla.gnome.org

All the best,

Dodji.