[Mldonkey-users] [patch #5371] EDK: Support for eMule comments (read-onl

From: spiralvoice
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #5371] EDK: Support for eMule comments (read-only)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:23:49 +0200

Update of patch #5371 (project mldonkey):

Follow-up Comment #13:

"file descriptions are only sent when a download is
initiated, so I don't really understand the point of seeing
this stuff in search results"

"- display file rating in server search results (currently displayed in tags
column)"

I was writing about the rating, not the comment. This is a
EDK server-only opcode also used by eMule (it displays a small
green icon in front of the filename if a rating is present). Rating
is already displayed as an unparsed tag in the right column, but
its parsed wrongly I suppose atm.

About the rest of your comment: You are absolutely right about it.
After using the patch a bit and thinking about how to implement
rating support I also thought to implement it the way you described, hence
with file_ops. Torrents also have comments, its
only a string there.

Another point: Current MLDonkey uses a hashtable for file_magic
strings and another for comment strings. I am planing to merge
these strings tables into one to save a small bit more RAM.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5371>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/