[Mldonkey-users] [patch #5371] EDK: Support for eMule comments (read-onl

From: z
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [patch #5371] EDK: Support for eMule comments (read-only)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:03:56 +0000

Follow-up Comment #10, patch #5371 (project mldonkey):

Yes, but I still think the structure is not correct and the code is prone to
other problems, but it can be rewritten later I suppose.

The concern that I have is the lack of following the standard "Release early,
release often" motto.  I personally don't care when Gentoo or Debian or
Sally's SuperFlyLinuxDistro decides to include a certain version of mldonkey.
 :-) I don't think other projects stall development due to lack of inclusion
in distro repositories.  It really shouldn't have any effect on the release
and development of mldonkey.  By holding off on the inclusion of some working
patches for such a very, very long time, I think it has slowed development and
limited users of mldonkey, especially those that don't wish to patch their own
sources  (the majority of downloads are precompiled binaries).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5371>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/