[Mldonkey-users] Re: doesn't add up

From: spiralvoice
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: doesn't add up
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:06:42 +0200

Jason Baker wrote:

>> It looks like mlnet thinks all my complete files are actually empty:
>> Does anyone know what might cause this?   I noticed done_files in
>> files.ini is empty, but should there even be entries for files that
>> originate locally?
>
> diffs against latest release enclosed.

Hi,

I don't quite understand what all this is about but I tested your patch.

I noticed that with 2-5-21 the upload of completed shared files, which are
even placed in directories with priorities set, was much less than before.

The patched core is running now for 15m and I can already say that my
dir-prios are being recognized better than before and those files I *want*
to be shared are more uploaded than before. From 5 UL slots 4 are now being
used for those shared files:-)

What I do not understand is: you suggest that shared files are recognized as
empty by MLDonkey and therefore not uploaded. But I had upload for those
files with 2-5-21, but far less than with 2-5-16. So the files were not
recognized as empty and they were correctly stored in shared_files_new.ini.

Anyway, your patch seems to have positive effects!

- spiralvoice