Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Is mldonkey dead?

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Is mldonkey dead?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:20:02 +0100

Le Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:05:23 +0100, Rainer Krauss <address@hidden> a
écrit :

> I downloaded CVS yesterday and applied the patches like spiralvoice.
> I didnt change any options(!) and added a Serverlist.
>
> No connected servers in 10 hours. I changed the options to allow low
> IP connects and get connected to servers within seconds. All Low IDs.

I have no problem connecting to servers with recent versions (using Dec 3rd
CVS version, but I'm quite sure other people using even more recent versions
will confirm those versions work too).

But all CVS versions since early December (including the Dec 3rd one), use
significantly more resources than before, and mainly more memory. Maybe
those versions are too "heavy" for your box, and are answering too slowly to
get a high id ?