[Mldonkey-users] Re: Is mldonkey dead?

From: Robin Hill
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Is mldonkey dead?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:06:16 +0000

On Wed Jan 14, 2004 at 12:52:13AM +0100, Rainer Krauss <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just wondering. I get only low id connects to servers and a download
> rate of 20 days for a full CD if i am very lucky. This happened before
> and there have been patches and new additions to fix it all the time.
>
> But i dont see any upcoming changes at the moment? mldonkey is baned
> from servers for a long time now :(
>
> I dont see any other good client for my linux box (p233, no X-Server) either.
>
> Any chances for the future?
>
> Thanks.

Unfortunately mldonkey development seems to have slowed recently
(following the savannah issues) but I don't think it's dead yet.  As for
the problems you're seeing - I've had no problem connecting to servers
(with high IDs) with the current CVS version.  Yes, download is pretty
slow at times but I'm not sure that's entirely client-related.

Cheers,
        Robin

--
     ___