[Mldonkey-users] Re: Is mldonkey dead?

From: Rainer Krauss
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Is mldonkey dead?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:05:23 +0100

Hi,

Wednesday, January 14, 2004, Robin Hill wrote:

RH> (following the savannah issues) but I don't think it's dead yet.  As for
RH> the problems you're seeing - I've had no problem connecting to servers
RH> (with high IDs) with the current CVS version.  Yes, download is pretty
RH> slow at times but I'm not sure that's entirely client-related.

I downloaded CVS yesterday and applied the patches like spiralvoice.
I didnt change any options(!) and added a Serverlist.

No connected servers in 10 hours. I changed the options to allow low
IP connects and get connected to servers within seconds. All Low IDs.

I tried without a firewall. I crosschecked with emule after forwarding
the ports to my windows box. No problems there.

For testing download speed i used what i call "the gina test" ;) -
Just put some (we are all 18+, arent we) "Gina Wild" pr0n into the
download. If client works well you should get full speed in no time. I
get about 80 kB/s with emule, less than 4 kB/s with mldonkey.

I tried a lot of different options allready, just checked it with
default options to verify.

I use mldonkey for some years now, saw it beeing baned often, but never
had such a long time without any changes to speed up again.