Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2GB limit sumup

From: Sven-Haegar Koch
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2GB limit sumup
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 20:00:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Chaosmedia Dev. wrote:

> the filesystem used on my mldonkey partition is ext2 should i use another
> filesustem to support >2G files ?
> I'm sorry i'm not an experienced linux user and have no clue how to check fs
> properties..

ext2+ext3 should be fine, with reiserfs you need to use the current
reiser-3.6 format and not the old 3.5

but all this doesn't help if your glibc ist too old.

the simplest test is to create a file bigger than 2gb - if this works, the
problem may be with mldonkey, if not its with your system:

        dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=8192 count=393216

should create a 3gb testfile

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)