Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: 2GB limit sumup

From: Andre Hinrichs
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: 2GB limit sumup
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:18:14 +0100

On Saturday 22 November 2003 19:04, spiralvoice wrote:
> On Sa 22 Nov 2003 06:36:06p Chaosmedia Dev. wrote:
>
> > the filesystem used on my mldonkey partition is ext2 should i use
> > another filesustem to support >2G files ?
>
> Hi,
>
> definitely yes, ext3 or Reiser for example.

Not correct...
You can look at http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html
for what file sizes which filesystems supports (scroll down).
ext3 and reiserfs are journalling filesystems and hence better than ext2 but
if you are not experienced with linux than you should not upgrade because it
is not really necessary and it is work...

Andre