Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: 2.5-4: emule plus clients getting blacklisted..

From: Jay Hap-hang Yu
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: 2.5-4: emule plus clients getting blacklisted...
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:05:50 +1000

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 05:06:58PM +0200, Martin wrote:

> Jay Hap-hang Yu wrote...
> > Does mldonkey try to contact edonkey clients using the overnet
> > protocol? (trying to get overnet peers from edonkey clients) I'm not
> > familiar with overnet so I might be totally missing the point on this.
>
> it makes no sense to ask edonkey-clients for overnet-peers....these
> are different networks and protocols. edonkey-clients dont know any
> overnet peers and even if they knew there is no protocol-function to
> exchange these....

if a host is running later versions of edonkey2000 client, they
should have port A and port B opened for ed2k protocol and overnet
protocol. then, mldonkey can try connecting to the default overnet port
of that host. of course, this will work only if the edonkey2000 user
didn't change the port no. _and_ the port no. is not randomly generated.

> PS: if you sign you mails it would be nice if your key would be public
> available....this way it makes no sense....

you can get my key from the sites listed in my signature.

--
- Jay Hap-hang Yu
Software Engineering Undergraduate

"Technologies don't solve problems. People solve problems."
-- J. H. Yu

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired."
-- Jules Renard