[Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: 2.5-4: emule plus clients getting blacklisted..

From: Bernd Kuhls
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: 2.5-4: emule plus clients getting blacklisted...
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:55:40 +0200

On Fr 24 Okt 2003 01:23:57p Martin wrote:

> im thinking about making this an option (like the verbositiy
> option) which clients should be banned. but this would make it
> possible to ban all emules or even *all* other clients....so im
> not sure about that....

Hi,

I don´t think that this would be a good option, it´s just client-war.

In CVS 2.5-4 Sivka[1] and Emule Plus are also banned which are popular
clients, I think there are too much banned clients.

I would like to see an extension of the statistics module to see which
Mod´s are being used and with this information to see if some mods
misbehave. I posted something about that on the English forum[2].

Maybe this can be expanded to some UL/DL-ratio option;-)

Greetings, Bernd

[1] http://f25.parsimony.net/forum63199/messages/181261.htm
[2] mldonkey.berlios.de/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1732
    at the bottom