Re: [Mldonkey-users] Connected to no edonkey server

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Connected to no edonkey server
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:36:22 +0200

himbA wrote...
> > I don't know if this is normal, but mldonkey is rarely connected to any
> > edonkey server. The server list contains pages of edonkey servers. And
> > when i ask to connect to more server, this has no effect... If this info
> > can help to find bugs ?

i wrote a little (bash-) script which creates a new servers.ini with
the biggest donkey-servers only....and including all known
overnet-peers...if anyones interested i can post it here....it helps a
lot to get connected very fast!

> I did upgrade yesteday and currently I'm not satisfied with number of
> connected servers on eDonkey network. MlDonkey does not seem to connect to
> any server if bittorrent is enabled. I had one bittorrent download when
> migrating to 2.5-4. Though bittorrent itself was downloading just fine with
> approx, speed of 15k.

this mostly happens when mldonkey is downloading from
bittorrent....theres simply not enough bandwidth left....
atm bittorrent-support is not that good in mldonkey (but
yes it works!)....afaics the bt-downloads are not limited by
max-opened-connections....and bt simply ignores the "nu"-command
i posted a patch for 2.5-4...which then disables upload to bt
too...so i do the following:
start mldonkey...let it download (mostly only bittorrent) for about
30mins....enter "nu 30"...and connect to servers with full upload
availabe...this way one can download from bt and the donkey....

> BT download itself is another strange thing. This file I'm DLing is over
> 2Gigs
> and is currently at 101.4%!! Dl size: 2362253312 bytes of 2317242368 bytes
> Most of the chunks are verified and some in the end are partial or missing.
> File keeps on downloading over 100%, but not after I restart MLdonkey then it
> falls below 90% and continues there.

i had this problem too....2.5-4 solved this for me!

> I'm about to diss this file and disable BT plugin.

just be a little patient...till now all bt-downloads completed without
corruption here...