Re: [Mldonkey-users] Using proxies in MLDonkey

From: Tobias Weisserth
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Using proxies in MLDonkey
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:15:05 +0200

Hi Seppe,

> Because I can't connect right now because my ISP uses a proxy server.

You are a fellow Telenet customer, I guess. ;-)

I installed mldonkey 2.5 and it could connect to every supported network. I
downloaded files from Fasttrack and edonkey, uploaded files in edonkey. No
problem.

But maybe mldonkey already made use from the environment variables on my Linux
machine, where I put the telenet proxy?

Anyway, it works without any modification on my machine.

btw: how do you plan to solve the upload problem, since we're only allowed
1500MB in 30 days each? I haven't found a way to limit mldonkey uploads to a
static quantity like 500MB in 30 days or something. That would be VERY
helpful for Telenet users (and anybody else being limited by an upload
quota).

regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Weisserth
Belgium, Old Europe

"I'm proud to be an old European!"
"The USA bombs, the UN feeds, Europe pays."
"Darn! Where are those weapons of mass destruction?!"