Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet starting problems

From: Bernd Kuhls
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Overnet starting problems
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 13:15:33 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:08:49 +0200, b8_bavard wrote:

>1) the peers are received as hostnames, and translated as IP
>addresses. When the bandwidth is used a lot, DNS name resolution often
>doesn't work very well, so that the IP addresses may not be found, and
>the peers forgotten.

I don´t think that is the reason. When I give this command:

> boot overnet.dyndns.org 12000
I recieve

peer 217.227.164.60:12000 added

and in the logfile
Resolving [overnet.dyndns.org] ...done

With

ovweb http://members.lycos.co.uk/appbyhp2/FlockHelpApp/contact-files/contact.ocl

I receive in the logfile

QUERY URL
http://members.lycos.co.uk/appbyhp2/FlockHelpApp/contact-files/contact.ocl
IP done 212.78.204.20:80
Request: GET /appbyhp2/FlockHelpApp/contact-files/contact.ocl
HTTP/1.0\013\nHost: members.lycos.co.uk\013\nUser-Agent: MLdonkey
2.5-1\013\nAccept: */*\013\n\013\n
ANSWER HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Error: overnet.gotdns.com: address not found
Error: chackie.kicks-ass.net: address not found
Error: nictuku.kicks-ass.net: address not found

Those three messages are ok because on the website they are also mentioned as
not avialable.
So DNS queries should be ok, since I got my libraries right;-)

>2) the peers are not added to the list of peers, but to another list
>where 5 of them are tried every second, by sending a UDP message. Only
>if they reply are they added to the list of peers.
>
>Maybe this behavior should be fixed, and the peers definitively added
>to the list.

I can´t tell if this might change it for the better but maybe we should give it
a shot.

Greetings, Bernd