[Mldonkey-users] Re: GUI client doesnt see servers?!

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: GUI client doesnt see servers?!
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:43:39 +0100

Francois Botha <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, I'm playing with mldonkey 2.02, my mldonkey client is running
> happilly talking to some people, downloading some files. But sometimes
> (apon reconnect to my client from the GUI) my "Connected Servers" bit
> dissapears in my GUI window, asif I'm not connected to any servers?
> But downloads are happening quite ok (i see percentages going up and
> transfer rates changing etc). Whilst the "Connected" window of that
> particular transfer shows nothing aswell?!

The GUI is sometimes unable to correctly sync with the core. Just
disconnect the GUI and reconnect it should solve this.

> - Is the mldonkey portion actually connected to any donkey/etc. servers?

It is.

> - Why does buttons like "show all servers" have no affect when the GUI is
>  in this "state"? - Whilst receiving data just fine ?

Because the GUI is in an undefined state and seems to be no longer able
to correctly sync with the core.

As I said: Just CTRL+R or a disconnect+reconnect using the menu normally
solves this issue.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #302:

microelectronic Riemannian curved-space fault in write-only file system