[Mldonkey-users] GUI client doesnt see servers?!

From: Francois Botha
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] GUI client doesnt see servers?!
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:38:11 +0200

Hi, I'm playing with mldonkey 2.02, my mldonkey client is running happilly
talking to some people, downloading some files. But sometimes (apon
reconnect to my client from the GUI) my "Connected Servers" bit dissapears
in my GUI window, asif I'm not connected to any servers? But downloads are
happening quite ok (i see percentages going up and transfer rates changing
etc). Whilst the "Connected" window of that particular transfer shows
nothing aswell?!

So, the problem is, it downloads quite ok, but I cant do any new queries
(since it's not connected to a server [the GUI shows] it doesnt get
results), and I cant see what the connected transfer's are actually doing
(while I get data in). So, I guess my question is:

- Is the mldonkey portion actually connected to any donkey/etc. servers?
- Why does buttons like "show all servers" have no affect when the GUI is
  in this "state"? - Whilst receiving data just fine ?

This behaviour is not really reproducable, just sometimes my GUI decides not
to see any servers so I cant continue searches, etc. If I leave it a few
hours it seems to come right again, restarting mldonkey seems to do the
trick too sometimes.

Hope this makes sense (:

Regards,
Francois Botha