Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] still no overnet-connections with 2.02-9 :/

From: Oliver Heering
Subject: Re[2]: [Mldonkey-users] still no overnet-connections with 2.02-9 :/
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 00:32:20 +0100

Hi Martin,

On Wednesday, February 12, 2003 you wrote:

>> i'm still not getting any connections to overnet whatever i try.
>> When i take a look at the logfile i can see several DNS lookups for
>> potential overnet peers, but "ovstats" give me "Number of known
>> Overnet peers = 0" all the time...
>> I don't get it, maybe it has something to do with my network-setup?
>> Maybe the overnet-part of mldonkey just communicates over eth0? But i
>> can't really imagine that....
>> Does anyone have a similar setup and a clue?

> I had the same problem - no overnet connection even with all network and
> firewall settings ok - no succes with webbott from several locations...
> finally solved it by using a servers.ini with real online overnet
> peers....since then it works fine and the overnet peer list is
> always updated....

At first i want to say 'thank you' for sending me your servers.ini
with up-to-date peers.
Now for the bad part: My connect seems to work now (somehow), but i am
not able to upload or download anything to/from overnet at all. My
stats look like this:

ovstats
--------
Overnet statistics:
  Search hits: 0
  Source hits: 324
  [...]
  Number of known Overnet peers = 3963

"looks good" you might say (except for the source hits).... but what
about the following?

client_stats
-----------------
Uptime: 21626 seconds (0+06:00)
     Successful Connections:              68580
                      [...]
                    Overnet:                136 (0.20 %)
                      [...]
            Total downloads:          231708750
                      [...]
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
                      [...]
              Total uploads:           66990080
                      [...]
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
                      [...]

Really strange...
I remember having really good download-rates on overnet with some
older mldonkey-version...

cya,
sLoP