[Mldonkey-users] still no overnet-connections with 2.02-9 :/

From: Oliver Heering
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] still no overnet-connections with 2.02-9 :/
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 17:42:59 +0100

Hi,

i'm still not getting any connections to overnet whatever i try.
I'm using mldonkey 2.02-9 and start with the following minimal
downloads.ini (my line is dsl 768/128, mldonkey runs on a box that is
directly connected to the internet via ppp0 and i use eth0 for my
internal network 192.168.X.X; wondershaper is running to shape my traffic):

btw: I inserted the line "overnet_port = 5661" just a few moments ago
to test overnet when i assign a fixed port to it. Before that the port
was assigned randomly by mldonkey. Both setups don't work!

--- cut ---
allowed_ips = ["255.255.255.255"]
client_name = XXX
http_login = "XXX"
http_password = "XXX"
log_clients_on_console = false
mail = "XXX"
max_hard_upload_rate = 6
max_name_len = 60
max_opened_connections = 300
overnet_port = 5661
overnet_search_keyword = true
password = "XXX"
save_file_history = false
shared_directories = ["XXX"]
smtp_server = "XXX"
update_server_list = true
use_file_history = false
vd_reload_delay = -1
web_infos = [
  ("ocl", 1, "http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/mldonkey/network/peers.ocl";);
  ("ocl", 1,
"http://members.lycos.co.uk/appbyhp2/FlockHelpApp/contact-files/contact.ocl";)]
--- cut ---

now when i issue a "ovweb" command, the core says that it is
connecting to overnet:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/appbyhp2/FlockHelpApp/contact-files/contact.ocl
web boot started

When i take a look at the logfile i can see several DNS lookups for
potential overnet peers, but "ovstats" give me "Number of known
Overnet peers = 0" all the time...

I don't get it, maybe it has something to do with my network-setup?
Maybe the overnet-part of mldonkey just communicates over eth0? But i
can't really imagine that....

Does anyone have a similar setup and a clue?

cya,
sLoP