Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Question on cross-compiling boost context lib

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Question on cross-compiling boost context library
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 02:04:59 +1100

> On 3 Feb 2017, at 23:45, Jack Kumba <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> How can I use mxe to build my application and other libraries which are not
> supported by mxe..for example, capnproto?

I’d suggest starting with the tutorial [1] to get a working mxe. Build
the minimal cross-compiler (`make gcc`) and see if you can adapt the
capnproto instructions [2] based on the “Autotools" section of the
mxe tutorial.

If that goes well, you might see that you need a native `capnp` to build
the cross-compiled version (also mentioned in capnproto docs). If you
have the native version or `wine` installed, it will probably work.

If it doesn’t, that’s exactly the sort of question we can help you with;
raise an issue on github [3] about native tools required to bootstrap
cross libs and you’ll get some responses to help you progress.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] http://mxe.cc/#tutorial
[2] https://capnproto.org/install.html#installation-unix