Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeType and HarfBuzz

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeType and HarfBuzz
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:58:01 +1000

On 17 Jun 2014, at 17:35, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> What about making MXE's `harfbuzz.mk' simply touch `freetype.mk', then
> directly calling `make freetype'?

That may cause odd issues with make’s dependency logic as it will then consider
harfbuzz outdated since freetype changed - it’s probably better to keep
explicit deps. Also, it would mean that packages like qt5 and sdl_ttf won’t get
the improved version with harfbuzz support.

There’s also another set of dependencies with
freetype->fontconfig->cario->harfbuzz->freetype. We may need to bootstrap
fontconfig and cairo also, I’ll have a think about it.

Cheers,