Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeType and HarfBuzz

From: beuc
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] FreeType and HarfBuzz
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:44:41 +0200

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 06:58:09PM +0200, Mark Brand wrote:

> On 06/20/2014 05:00 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> >>It should work again now.

> >For info: nope:)
> >(and I did the 'make clean')
> >
> >'-lharfbuzz' still needs to be replaced with '-lfreetype -lharfbuzz'.
> >
> >-- Sylvain
>
> Are you using qmake for your "freedink.exe" project? Please also
> post the link command that goes wrong and the output.
>
> FWIW, I have built qtbase (including the linking tests) and other
> qt5 modules now several times since the fix without linking errors.
> You should expect to see this sequence in the link command:
>
> -lharfbuzz ..  -lfreetype .. -lharfbuzz_too
>
> -lhafbuzz_too is of course just an alias for -lharfbuzz to keep
> qmake from merging the 2 together.

I use the autotools.  The output is the same as the one I reported a
couple mails ago, that's why I didn't include it again.

harfbuff_too is added in qtbase-1.patch in a specific fix:
/usr/src/mxe/src/qtbase-1.patch:+    mingw:static:contains(LIBS_PRIVATE,
-lfreetype):LIBS_PRIVATE += -lharfbuzz_too
Maybe you meant you only fixed this for qmake?

Independently of the build system, this needs to gives the appropriate
libs:

$ i686-w64-mingw32.static-pkg-config freetype2 --libs --static
-lharfbuzz -lcairo -lfontconfig -lglib-2.0 -lusp10 -lmsimg32 -lgdi32 -lpixman-1
-lexpat -lfreetype -lbz2 -lpng16 -lz -lws2_32 -lole32 -lwinmm -lshlwapi -lpcre
-lintl -liconv ^^ add -lfreetype here

Cheers!
Sylvain