[Mingw-cross-env-list] nsis 2.46 build fails (util.h patch)

From: Guhl Peter
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] nsis 2.46 build fails (util.h patch)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 10:41:57 +0200

Hello

I am very new to MinGW crosscompiling. What I have to do is to make it
work on SLAX 7 (www.slax.org) to integrate it into our development
package which needs to build software parts for Windows.

The current problem: nsis build fails with the error described in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=From_noreply%40
sourceforge.net_Fri_Nov_09_23%3A44%3A29_2012&forum_name=nsis-bugs

Since I am new at MXE I don't know how I can apply the patch named there
manually. Adding it to .../tmp-nsis/... it gets overwritten by the next
start of the Makefile. But I see there are patches (well, one) for nsis
in .../mxe/src so I guess it should be possible to add another one.
Could you give me a hint (or a slightly more detailed version of RTFM
;-) ?

It might make sense to integrate this patch into the MXE source too; the
bugfix on sourceforge isn't that new but it seems like it did not yet
make it into the nsis stable tree.

Regards

Peter Guhl