Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-w64 and mingw-cross-env

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] mingw-w64 and mingw-cross-env
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:31:33 +0100

Luis Saavedra schrieb:
> I think it's time to create an experimental branch on github,
> bitbucket or savannah,
> like bitbucket.org_mce-multi-target_tony experiment (which is outdated),

This will become easier when we'll move to GitHub.
However, as soon as any experimental fork becomes stable
or even production ready, we should try to merge it
back into the main project to bundle forces.

> in
> my experimental branch bitbucket.org_mce-msys I have compile everything
> except exiv2, nsis, sdl_mixer, t4k_common and vmime, but I think that
> mce-msys is in the case of another version, msys is not a mature
> system nor unix,
> anyway: please accept some patches about it.

I'm always open for MSYS compatibility patches, as long as
those don't complicate things too much.

I'm not sure what kind of changes you needed to make
it run under MSYS, but in the worst case, we could
maintain it as a separate TARGET in the multi-target
approach. Of course, it would be nicer if the standard
i686-pc-mingw32 target would work for cross compiling
as well as for MSYS.

However, if the changes are too deep, having a separate
MSYS fork of mingw-cross-env is fine, too. I just think
we should bundle our efforts as much as it makes sense.

Regards,

Volker Grabsch