Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] binutils patch

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] binutils patch
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 21:03:41 +1100

On 31 October 2011 09:02, Matěj Týč <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> something strange has happened to the GNU binutils package, and, as the
> result, the make doesn't work (file not found error during download).
> Changing the package version and checksum fixes the problem.
> I attach the trivial patch (although I guess you will probably want to
> check the checksum for yourself)
> Cheers,
> Matej

Thanks Matej, a few people have noted this previously and it's fixed
in the stable branch. If you're using the release version, I'd
encourage you to use the stable branch:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/raw-file/tip/doc/index.html#development

as there are a few other other packages with broken download links.

Cheers,

Tony

P.S. If you're curious, the binutils was a licensing issue:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-08/msg00198.html

but there are many reasons for projects to break links. This is one of
the few cases where such breakage is justified.