Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error building gst-plugins-good

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error building gst-plugins-good
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 09:24:14 +0200

Trying to build the whole environment I get errors building
gst-plugins-good. The build process is pasted here:

http://pastebin.com/Vu5F2Tpe

I have 64 bits ArchLinux system. The packages before that build ok.
It may be finding a native version of aalib:

configure: *** checking feature: aalib ASCII Art library ***
configure: *** for plug-ins: aasink ***
checking for aalib-config... /usr/bin/aalib-config
checking for AALIB - version>= 0.11.0... cross compiling; assumed OK...
yes
configure: *** These plugins will be built: aasink

Could you try adding

--disable-aalib

to the configure options in gst-plugins-good.mk and run again?

Tony is almost certainly right. Later in the Matias' (OP's) log this happens:

#
make[4]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/matias/repos/mingw-cross-env/tmp-gst-plugins-good/gst-plugins-good-0.10.22/ext/aalib'
#
  CC     libgstaasink_la-gstaasink.lo
#
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:371:0,
#
                 from /usr/include/string.h:26,
#
                 from gstaasink.c:40:

Patch attached. (Please test and apply *after* the "fix-invalid-options.export" patch discussed below.)

It seems that the 32-bit compatibility headers are missing.
However, this is very strange because that should only cause
trouble with the NSIS package, not with gst-plugins-good.

Also, the following warning is quite strange:

     WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-check, --disable-tests

Mark, could you take a look at that, please?

I think this is a 2nd unrelated issue. I just checked and was surprised to find the same warning in my log:

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-check, --disable-tests

Apparently it does no harm, and the same warnings appear logs of liboil and gst-plugins-base. The attached patch removes these options. Everything still builds fine.

regards,

Mark