Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error building gst-plugins-good

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Error building gst-plugins-good
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 22:25:13 +0000

Matias De la Puente <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Trying to build the whole environment I get errors building
> gst-plugins-good. The build process is pasted here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/Vu5F2Tpe
>
> I have 64 bits ArchLinux system. The packages before that build ok.

It seems that the 32-bit compatibility headers are missing.
However, this is very strange because that should only cause
trouble with the NSIS package, not with gst-plugins-good.

Also, the following warning is quite strange:

    WARNING: unrecognized options: --disable-check, --disable-tests

Mark, could you take a look at that, please?

> Is there a way to ignore some packages?, like:
>
> make ignore-gst-plugins-good

No.

It is generally not a good idea to exclude specific packages,
because that asks for trouble with the depedencies. Instead,
you should maintain a list of the _needed_ packages for your
project, and build just those, e.g.:

    make gtk zziplib ...

Greets,

Volker Grabsch