Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems w/ expat ...

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Problems w/ expat ...
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 08:29:06 +0000

Hello Ron,

Back to the list ...

Ron Aaron <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On Sunday 30 May 2010 13:48:35 you wrote:
>
> > Could you send your "pkg/expat-*" file to me in private,
> > as requested in my last post?
> >
> > I know that it should be the right one, I just want to
> > be sure.
>
> Still fails :(  [...]
> Maybe it's a problem with the mirror from which I'm getting it?

Your expat file is byte-for-byte identical with the official
one. So our SHA1 check didn't fail. You have the right file.

I have really no idea what could have gone wrong. This is
especially strange since it seems to work fine on a freshly
installed Ubuntu. However, it really looks like a bug in
gzip / zlib. So I won't hold up the release any longer, it
seems like can't do anything about that within Mingw-cross-env.

BTW, did you try to unpack it by hand with a command like that?

    gunzip < pkg/expat-2.0.1.tar.gz > /dev/null

Also, did you try compiling your own gzip and/or your own zlib
for that purpose? Does that help?

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator