Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_mixer in mingw-cross-env crashing

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_mixer in mingw-cross-env crashing
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:06:12 +0100

David Bruce <address@hidden> schrieb:
> The crossbuild NSIS package builds successfully, and
> seems to install the desired files, but the program exits immediately
> at the first call to Mix_OpenAudio().  There is no command-line output
> to indicate a segfault.
[...]
> Any thoughts?

IIRC, Andreas Roever might have been able to solve or at least
to work around a similar issue in the Pushover game. Maybe he
can tell us something about that?

> Should I post this to the SDL mailing list?

Yes, you should ask there. Although the problem might be MinGW
specific, it is nevertheless a bug or portability issue with
SDL_mixer. To solve it, you need people with knowledge about
SDL_mixer internals, not about MinGW-cross-compiling internals.

However, if you solve that issue, please share your results
with us, as there were other mingw-cross-env users reporting
similar problems with SDL_mixer.

BTW, it would be nice if you could mention on your project website
that the development version of Tux Typing is available via:

    git clone https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/tux4kids/tuxtype.git

resp.

    git clone http://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/tux4kids/tuxtype.git

It took me quite some time to figure that out.

Greets,

Volker Grabsch
Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR