[Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_mixer in mingw-cross-env crashing

From: David Bruce
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] SDL_mixer in mingw-cross-env crashing
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:43:47 -0600

Hi Volker et al,

Is anyone using the sdl_mixer 1.2.11 in mingw-cross-env?  I've adapted
the crossbuild for Tux Typing to use mingw-cross-env, and have only
hit one significant snag after switching to PKG_CONFIG* in
configure.ac.  The crossbuild NSIS package builds successfully, and
seems to install the desired files, but the program exits immediately
at the first call to Mix_OpenAudio().  There is no command-line output
to indicate a segfault.  If I disable sound at runtime with "tuxtype
--nosound", the program works fine.

The same code builds and runs fine on my Debian and Ubuntu systems,
which are using sdl_mixer 1.2.8.  My old crossbuild setup used an even
earlier version of the library.

Any thoughts?
Should I post this to the SDL mailing list?

Thanks,

David Bruce